Every dad's role is to prepare his son for the challenges of adult life. Our goal is to support you in this. So much depends on whether you succeed in passing on a living faith and a most generous commitment to others; you may even gauge you effectiveness as a parent by these measures.
So, Drummond also offers formational activities for fathers: evenings of recollection, talks, and retreats. The chaplain of the centre is very ready to offer spiritual direction. A father-son camp is scheduled in spring. Dads are also welcome to join the Ventura activities and camps offered for their sons.
So please support us and please don't hesitate to contact us with feedback or suggestions about how we can better assist.
- Children with faith
- Eleven parenting priorities
- Notes from Bruce Robinson's 'What Kids Really Need From Their Dads'
- Notes from Jim Stenson's 'Upbringing'
- Notes from Ray Guarendi's 'Back to the Family'
- Notes from Ross Campbell's 'How To Really Love Your Teenager'
- Passing on a living faith
Links for parents
- Parenting Tips File
- Jim Stenson's website
- Library of useful links
Bibliography for parents
- Borba, Michelle. No More Misbehavin'. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2003.
- Borba, Michelle, The big book of parenting solutions: 101 answers to your everyday challenges and wildest worries, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2009.
- Brooks, David, The Road to Character, Random House, New York, 2015.
- Borba, Michelle, UnSelfie: Why empathetic kids succeed in our all-about-me world, Simon and Schuster, New York, 2016.
- Campbell, Ross. How to Really Love your Teenager. Wheaton: Victor Books, 1983.
- Covey, Stephen. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families. New York: Allen & Unwin, 1997.
- DeMarco, Donald. Heart of Virtue. San Francisco: Ignatius, 1996.
- Duckworth, Angela, Grit. The Power of Passion and Perseverance, Scribner, New York, 2016
- Grant, Ian. Fathers Who Dare Win. Rozelle: Pa's Publishing, 1999.
- GIsaacs, David. Character Building: A Guide for Parents and Teachers. Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2001.
- John Paul II (1981) Familiaris Consortio.
- John Paul II (1994) Letter to Families.
- Lickona, Thomas. Character Matters: How to Help Our Children Develop Good Judgment, Integrity, and Other Essential Virtues. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2004.
- Lickona. Thomas, How to Raise Kind Kids: And Get Respect, Gratitude, and a Happier Family in the Bargain, Penguin Books, New York, 2018.
- Mullins, Andrew. Parenting for Character. Sydney: Finch, 2005.
- O'Shea, Gerard, As I have loved you, Connor Court, Ballarat, 2013.
- Stenson, James B. Compass. New York: Scepter, 2003.
- Stenson, James B. Father, the Family Protector. New York: Scepter, 2004.
- Siegel, Daniel J, Brainstorm. The power and purpose of the teenage brain, Penguin, New York, 2013.Stenson, James, Father. The Family Protector, Scepter, New York, 2004
- Sunderland, Margot, The Science of Parenting (2nd ed), Dorling Kindersley, London, 2016.
- www.opusdei.org.au See 'Growing in Faith' pages for articles on the family.
- www.GoodReadingGuide.com The website of Portico Books including a library of book reviews to help choosing books for children.
- www.collationes.org/de-vita-christiana/matrimonio-et-familia/item/705-bibliography-on-marriage-and-the-family. Bibliography of books on marriage and family.